Gross Receipts Tax

Several States, Ohio being the most prevalent have instituted gross receipts taxes (called the Commercial Activity Tax – CAT for short) as opposed to other revenue centers like property taxes or corporate income taxes. If a business has over $150,000 of sales into Ohio, you are required to register and calculate and pay the tax either quarterly or annually, depending on your sales volume. There are exemptions that come into play that can reduce the amount due, but specific deadlines have to be followed to get the entire exemption. This also has to be filed online.

Get Started

Whether you are ready to get started or have additional questions, the first step is to contact General Financial and Tax Consulting. We want to hear your questions and explain how we can work with you. Many of our clients have similar questions, and you may be able to benefit from their experience (references provided). Start by filling out the contact form on this website. If you would like additional information, have more questions, or want to discuss your situation, call us at 1-888-496-2679.