Real Estate Tax Department
The Importance of Accurate Real Estate Valuation
Taxes on real estate can be a significant burden to an individual or a company because they are a permanent, fixed cost that occurs on an annual basis. Real estate taxes can be especially burdensome because high rates are imposed regardless of whether or not a company is profitable or an individual residence is overvalued and being overtaxed. We believe it is prudent for individuals and companies alike to have a real estate tax professional evaluate your valuation and assessment each year. Allow us the opportunity to give you our opinion as to whether or not your property is over assessed, under assessed or fairly assessed. There is no charge for our opinion.
The GenFi Solution
>If your property is over assessed, GenFi offers a comprehensive service to assist companies and individuals in lowering their real estate property taxes. We have an experienced team of tax professionals specifically trained to evaluate your property tax assessments, determine if you are over assessed and take the necessary steps to reduce your real estate taxes. Our professionals have years of experience successfully managing real estate tax liabilities for a wide range of small, large and complex properties, as well as individual residences throughout North America. Our process is comprehensive, yet flexible, so the specific nuances of your property can be properly taken into consideration when valuing your property. The steps GenFi will take to help you reduce your real property tax include:
- GenFi will conduct an analysis of your property and tax records to learn as much as possible about your property and obtain the necessary information to arrive at our determination of value.
- Tax Abatements, Incentives and Exemptions for Companies – A review of all your company’s expenditures and projects will determine if you are eligible for any property tax abatements, incentives or exemptions. If you qualify, GenFi will prepare the appropriate applications and manage the entire process.
- Tax Exemptions and Credits for Individuals – Our professionals will contact you to discuss the many exemptions and credits that may be available to residents depending on your address and taxing jurisdiction. Some possible classes that may qualify in your location may be: Homestead exemption, widow, widower, disabilities, veterans, etc. If you are eligible for any exemptions and credits, GenFi will prepare the appropriate applications and manage the entire process.
Our Promise to You
- We will discuss with you our valuation and get your approval to file an appeal
- We will keep you apprised throughout the process
- If you ever have any questions, you will be supplied with contact information for one of our tax professionals.